Poem: “What was the reason?”

I saw that man last night,

He kissed his little girl while saying goodbye.

Was it goodbye forever?

But he didn’t know that,

He only wanted to go to the store and buy food for his baby girl and wife, who were at home.

He felt chilly, although the time was hot.

He felt hungry, although he left the house with a full stomach.

He felt weird but didn’t know why.

Poor little guy didn’t know he was going to lose his life.

What was the reason?

Nobody knows.

Robber came up to him and put the gun at his throat.

Trigger happy, no value for the human life.

A man ended up dead leaving his child and wife.

13 Comments Add yours

1. Jessica says:

Oh my goodness! I was not expecting that has the ending. God bless!

2. Jessica says:

Oh my goodness! I was not expecting that as the ending. I hope all is well. God Bless!

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes I’m okay, thank you ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช I’m just tired of senseless killing

Liked by 1 person

1. Jessica says:

Me too! Keep writing! Itโ€™s great therapy,

Liked by 1 person

3. atroxler says:

Oh wow! What a powerful poem!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you so much ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

4. Heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ

5. Meilifisayo says:

This is touching especially with what happened to nippy I pray for a change in this world we live in

Liked by 1 person

1. His death touched me ๐Ÿ˜ญ Thank you

6. alpanachand says:

Oh my God, Girl! Your poems move me beyond words. What a tragic poem. You do know that you are gifted, right? Let your poems reach the world. Keep penning down those thoughts, you never know you just might change someone’s mind with the power of your words.

Liked by 1 person

1. And this comment complete my day ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ Thank you so much ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

Liked by 1 person

7. Jessica says:

& whatโ€™s so sad about this is that itโ€™s reality for so many people! โ˜น๏ธ Phenomenal post as always girl! I love your writing!

Liked by 1 person